Saturday, November 15, 2008

RAPTURE IN MISERY

I know that my posts are all out of order but what the hell! I signed up for RIM 12 hour solo this year at Landahl....really fun place to ride for anyone who has not been there. Got there and set up my pit area and I picked a great place because Dwayne G. parked one car down... cool. All I really recall about the race was being super happy that it was so long into it before Dwayne lapped me! It sounds stupid but that is a gauge I can use because he is super fast. Things were going really good.....until.....my front tire "burped" going down a rock drop off corner thing...and the bike just stopped. Turning me into a lawn dart!!! I tried to be calm and get air in the tire and get going, by the time I got done my left shoulder and hand were starting to hurt. Thought it might loosen up once I got going, but it only got worse. It got to the point over the next 2 laps where I could not hold on tight enough with my left hand to ride good...and I was holding on so tight with my right hand that I was getting blisters! So I stopped at about 10pm. I think I got third in my age group, Dwayne got first. Had a really good time over all. A race I'd like to try and hit next year for sure.

No comments: