Sunday, March 22, 2009

LOST VALLEY

Man...first MTB race of the year!! I had not rode my Turner since January 1st at the Ranch ride. I have been getting some rides in to work and back, but I really did not know what to expect. At the start I pretty much just let the fast guys go and rode my own pace in hopes that I could just get in a good 3+ hours. Well that all went out the window about 5 miles in when I sliced my front tire...the instant flat kind, and before I could even stop BAM back tire slice...huge slice!! I could boot the front one but there was no fixing the rear. So I ran and walked the remaining 7-8 miles back to the truck. I want to thank all the racers that offered help, pumps, tubes, kind words!!! The way I see it that is all my bad luck for the whole year right there!

I am going to go ride Lost Valley again in the morning if we don't get to much rain...I'm going to get my 3+ hours in damn it!

1 comment:

BLM said...

Sorry about your bad luck. You'll get your good rides in. There is plenty of 2009 left. Congrats on the pending baby.

blm